This yogurt cake is one of the simplest and easiest healthy cakes you can prepare for your loved ones. It is so yummy, moist and flavorful thanks to the lemon zest used. Not only is it delicious, it is also low sugar and packed with nutrients and really easy to make.
The cake is also loaded with yogurt which is very nutritious, low on calories, rich in calcium, great for bone health, heart health and gut health.
To store your cake, don’t refrigerate as this dries the cake out, instead keep it in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days. You can also wrap the cake or slices of cake in cling-film, store in an airtight container and freeze for up to a month.
- 2 cups (250gr) all-purpose flour or light spelt flour
- 1 cup (250gr) plain yogurt, at room temperature
- ½ cup (100gr) white sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup (80gr) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ Tsp Vanilla essence
- A pinch of salt
- 1 Lemon, zest
- Preheat the oven to 180C° (350F°/).
- Grease a 5 inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray or line the pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs and sugar, then add in the oil, lemon zest, vanilla essence and mix again. Add the yogurt and mix it into a smooth consistency.
- Add in the flour mixture to the wet batter and mix until just combined, do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Place your rack in the middle position, then transfer the batter into the oven and bake for about 35-40 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When the cake is ready, remove it from the oven, allow to six for a few minutes then transfer on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve and enjoy.
Sherrie HunterJuly 30, 2020 at 12:50 am
Looks Yummie,.. and it taste Great!
NellyJuly 30, 2020 at 10:59 pm
Thank you very much. Really appreciate
Ann LumpkinNovember 22, 2020 at 6:36 am
Wonderful recipes! They all sound so good I want to make them all.
Hair MotifJune 13, 2021 at 8:41 pm
about Hair Motif
Ahaa, its fastidious conversation about this post at this
place at this blog, I have read all that, so at this time me also commenting
at this place.