Allow me to point out that once you try making this Yellow Cake with Chocolate Frosting, you will have a new favorite go-to cake recipe!
The milk chocolate frosting covering the cake has the perfect balance of rich chocolate, sugar and butter. It is not too sugary or sweet either.
You can add some colorful sprinkles, chocolate chips or M&Ms on top of the frosting.
- 2 ¼ cups Flour
- 1 ½ cups Sugar
- 2/3 cup Whole Milk or Buttermilk
- 1 cup Butter softened, cubed
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Pudding Mix instant
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- ¾ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
For the Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1 cup Cocoa
- 5 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 ½ cups Butter softened
- 1/3 cup Milk
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and vanilla and set aside.
- In a standing mixer, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Gradually add in the butter into the flour mixture, one cube at a time, and beat until it looks like coarse crumbs.
- Add in half of the egg/milk/vanilla mixture and oil and beat the batter till its light and fluffy.
- Add in the remaining egg/milk/vanilla mixture and vanilla pudding, then mix until just combined.
- Transfer the batter into greased 8 or 9-inch cake pans and smooth the tops with a spatula. Then bake in a preheated oven at 350° F for 16-22 minutes, depending on the depth of pans.
- Allow the cakes to cool in the baking pan then run a knife around the edge of the pan and flip over.
- To make Chocolate Buttercream Frosting: In mixing bowl, cream together the cocoa, butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. You can adjust the consistency by adding more milk.
- After the cake has cooled and has been removed from pans, frost each layer with frosting and then top with sprinkles, chocolate chips or even M & M’s.
- Serve and enjoy.
Meher BanuNovember 8, 2020 at 4:22 am
Thank you so much for your recipes
Will surely give them a try and will let you know