Vietnamese Shaking Beef is a delicious and flavorful dish that is often overlooked. The combination of tender beef and savory sauces makes for a truly delicious meal.
Many Vietnamese restaurants serve this dish, but it’s also easy to make at home.
How to prepare the best Vietnamese Shaking Beef
You’ll need the following ingredients: 500g of Ribeye, 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce, 1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce, 3 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tsp of sugar, 1 tbsp of cornstarch, chopped bell peppers (red and green), and 1/2 onion.
First, marinate the beef with soy sauce, oyster sauce, minced garlic, sugar, and cornstarch, for at least 30 minutes or overnight for even more flavor.
Next, heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pan and add the beef. Sear both sides until it is brown and medium rare. Set the beef aside.
Place the chopped bell peppers and onions in the same pan, and give them a nice char. Add the beef back to the pan and shake the beef until all of the flavors are blended together. Finally, serve with a bowl of rice, and enjoy!
- 500g of Ribeye
- 1.5 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1.5 tbsp of oyster sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 1 tbsp of cornstarch
- chopped bell peppers (red and green)
- 1/2 onion
- Marinate the beef with soy sauce, oyster sauce, minced garlic, sugar, and cornstarch (30min-overnight)
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil and add the beef to the pan. Sear both sides until it is brown and medium rare. Set aside.
- Quickly cook the veggies and give them a little nice char.
- Add back the beef to the pan and shake the beef until all the flavors are blended.
- Serve with a bowl of rice and enjoy!