This Swiss roll cake is actually easy to prepare despite the appearance. The cake is fluffy as cloud and light as snow and it’s extremely delicious and tempting.
If you are looking for a cake that will bring out the child hidden inside of you then this is it. This cake reminds me of all the sweet memories of childhood when we loved to eat mini Swiss rolls.
A few tips when making a Swiss Roll
While preparing Swiss roll, the cake should be rolled while still warm. This step is important as you want the cake to cool in that shape.
You can store the cake in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. The cake can also be made ahead and frozen for up to 2-3 months.
- ½ Cup Cake Flour
- ½ Cup Sugar (Split into half ¼ cup)
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 4 medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 pinch Salt
- 300 ml Whipping Cream (Chilled )
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp. Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Prepare your 10 x 14-inch rectangle baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, Separate eggs yolk, and whites (Eggs must be at room temperature)
- Add ¼ Cup of sugar in yolks and whisk until creamy texture.
- Add 1 tsp. Vanilla Essence, 2 tbsp. of milk and 2 tbsp. of milk in the yolks and whisk gradually.
- Add ½ Cup of sieved Cake flour and a pinch of salt and mix well in a yolk mixture. The texture should be creamy, not runny.
- Now, beat the egg whites with an electric beater. When whites get little foam to add ¼ cup of sugar in it and beat until you get a medium peak.
- Mix the egg whites with batter in 3 parts and gently fold.
- Pour the batter into a baking tray and evenly spread it and gently tap for 2 to 3 times to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven at 180°C.
- Dust Icing sugar on neat parchment paper to prevent sticking and coating.
- Lose the edges and place the cake layer/ sheet on sugar-dusted paper and remove the baking paper.
- Roll the cake gently and cool completely cool at room temperature.
- Add 300 ml of chilled whipping cream to a large bowl and add ¼ cup of sugar. Beat the cream until stiff peaks form.
- Spread the cream evenly and roll the cake gently.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hours to set.
- Trim the sides. Use the rest of the sweet whipped cream to decorate the cake.
- Make whirls of cream and top it with Raspberries or topping of your choice. And it’s ready to enjoy.