Who wouldn’t want the perfect soft dinner rolls to accompany any main dish? I love dinner rolls because it’s one of the easiest recipes I know.
The ingredients used in this recipe are simple and some of them are probably in your kitchen.
In today’s recipe, we will guide you on how you can make the perfect soft dinner rolls/best dinner rolls for yourself, family or friends.
A few tips when making Dinner Rolls
Before you prepare your dinner rolls, you may want to double-check the expiration of your yeast. This is a common reason why some bread do not rise.
When heating liquid ingredients, make sure they are within the temperature of 100-110°F. If the mixture becomes too hot it can kill the yeast, and if it is too cool the yeast may never activate.
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) whole milk
- 1/3 cup (75 grams/ 2.5Oz) granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 ¼ tsp sea salt
- 4 Tbsp (57 grams/ 2Oz) unsalted butter
- 4 cups (480 grams/ 17Oz) all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted to brush the tops.
- Kosher salt to sprinkle on finished rolls
- In the bowl of your mixer, whisk together warm milk and 1 tbsp sugar. Sprinkle the top with 1 tbsp yeast and let sit 1 minute. Whisk together and let it sit for about 5 minutes until yeast looks foamy then add 4 tbsp melted butter, remaining sugar, and salt.
- Add flour half a cup at a time until the dough whisking to incorporate then place the stand mixer with the hook attachment and knead the dough while adding the rest of the flour. Knead for 10 minutes until the dough is smooth but not sticky.
- Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise about 2 hours in a warm place or until doubled in size.
- Once the dough rises, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and cut it into 15-24 even pieces depending on the shape of your baking dish. Roll each piece of dough into a ball and place them onto an oiled 9×13 casserole dish or baking sheet.
- Cover the dinner rolls with plastic wrap and let them rise another 30-60 minutes in a warm place or until puffed then bake at 375F for about 23-25 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.