Treat yourself and your loved ones to this delicious dessert today. The pairing of strawberries and cream with a hint of flaked chocolates sprinkled on top makes for an unforgettable treat to your taste buds.
To make this strawberry mouse, you can use fresh or frozen strawberries, either will taste wonderful. Getting this dessert ready takes just a couple of minutes and a few hours to chill and set in the refrigerator!
You can substitute the strawberries for raspberries to make a raspberry mousse. If you use a flavored gelatin powder, your mousse will have a more vivid color than mousse made with plain or vanilla flavored gelatin powder.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups whipping or double cream
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp. sugar (preferably grinded)
- 1 tbsp. gelatin dessert powder or agar agar powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 cup water
- chocolate shavings or sprinkles, for garnishing
- Place the chopped strawberries in a pan with a cup of water, add in the sugar and bring to a boil until the strawberries become soft and mushy and the sugar is dissolved. (Give it a taste, and adjust the sweetness to your preference if needed you can add more sugar)
- Turn off the heat and immediately add the gelatin powder and mix it in well.
- Place the pan containing the above mixture in a bowl of cold/icy water to help cool it down quickly. (This mixture should be cool but do not allow it to set.)
- As it cools, whip the cream with 2 tbsp of sugar and vanilla essence over a dish of icy water until soft peaks form. Do not over-whip.
- Set aside or refrigerate for a while.
- After the strawberry pulp has cooled completely, blend the mixture, then pour it back into a bowl.
- Add the whipped cream gradually and fold it in using a spatula until well combined. You can reserve some whipped cream for decoration.
- Serve into individual bowls, cover and refrigerate. Allow the mousse to set, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, decorate with a dollop of whipped cream, some chocolate shavings, sprinkles, sliced strawberries or any toppings of your liking.
- Serve and enjoy!