These incredible delicious bite-sized chicken pieces are cooked to crispy perfection and then they are smothered in the most finger-licking sweet and sticky sauce. Can you really resist this yummy treat?
This recipe is just so easy and quick, you will have your dish ready in a matter of minutes.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups panko breadcrumbs (100 g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- spring onion, for garnish
- sesame seed, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F.)
- Lightly grease a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-size pieces.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the beaten egg then coat with panko breadcrumbs, pressing to coat.
- Place the breaded chicken on the prepared baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine the soy sauce, honey, garlic, hoisin sauce, sriracha and grated ginger and bring to boil, about 1-2 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Toss the chicken bites in the sauce until thoroughly coated.
- Serve immediately and garnish with chopped spring onion and sesame seeds.