This spicy Thai cucumber salad is packed with amazing flavors. It’s also incredibly quick and easy to put together.
What’s more, this simple recipe requires just a few ingredients you can easily find in your kitchen or your local grocery store but packs a serious flavor punch! It has a touch of sweetness perfectly balanced with spiciness.
You only need, Cucumbers, green onions, Peanuts and carrots for your salad. If you don’t have a vegetable spiralizer, you can thinly slice the cucumber instead.
For the salad dressing, you need Sesame Oil, Rice Vinegar, Sugar, salt and Red Pepper Flakes. If you’re not keen on having your salad too spicy, go easy on the red pepper flakes and only add as much as you can comfortably tolerate.
For the Salad:
- 2 Seedless Cucumbers
- 3 Green Onions
- ¼ cup Peanuts
- 2 Large Carrots
For the Salad Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon Sesame Oil
- 1/3 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Start by spiralizing the cucumbers.
- Cut the carrots into thin julienne strips.
- Slice the green onions thinly.
- Chop the peanuts into smaller bits.
- Mix all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the chopped vegetables into a large salad bowl. Save a little green onions and peanuts for garnishing.
- Drizzle the dressing over top the veggies and toss well to combine.
- Garnish with the saved peanuts and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy.