This soft and sweet corn cake makes for a delightful accompaniment for your tea, coffee or hot chocolate, and a pretty healthy option for a snack.
This is a really simple recipe and it only requires a few ingredients that you can easily find in your kitchen.
- 13 g corn flour
- 50 g Cake flour
- 66 g white sugar
- 50 ml milk
- 50 ml corn oil/ vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- A little lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Butter or line two 6 inch round cake pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the corn oil together with the milk and using a wire whisk, lightly mix the wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the 50 grams of corn flour and the 13 grams of cornstarch.
- Then mix the dry and wet ingredients until you get a smooth batter.
- Break the eggs and separate the yolks from the egg whites. Put the yolks in one bowl and the whites in a different bowl.
- Add the yolks to the cake batter and whisk until you get a homogeneous mixture.
- In the bowl with the egg whites, add in the lemon juice and beat until it doubles in volume. Then add in the sugar in three addition and beat until the egg whites reach stiff peaks.
- Take a third of the egg white meringue and mix it in the cake batter then pour the mixture into the bowl with the egg whites. Using a spatula, fold the mixture until well mixed and you have a smooth batter.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared cake pans and tap them a few times on the counter to remove any trapped air.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the cake is golden yellow and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Once out of the oven, allow the cake to cool down upside down to prevent it from sinking. After its cooled, this cake will be fluffy when pressed. You can top with a cream of your liking.
- Serve and enjoy.
Titus MathiasOctober 23, 2020 at 5:14 am
I like to cook cak6