By the time you will finish making these super soft and fluffy chocolate buns your house will be filled with a sweet chocolate aroma.
Just like cream cheese buns and super soft honey buns, preparing chocolate buns is pretty easy even for a beginner.
These buns are moist, soft and delicate, and have a rich chocolate aroma that is adored both by kids and adults.
- Bread Flour 320g
- Cocoa powder 20g
- Sugar 55g
- Instant Yeast 4g
- Cold Milk 245g
- Salt 4g
- Unsalted Butter 45g
- White Chocolate Chips 40g
- Preheat your oven at 350F/ 180C
- In a mixing bowl, sift the cocoa powder, and bread flour. Mix well then add caster sugar, salt, instant yeast, and 245 ml of cold milk (Leave 10% of the milk behind to adjust the softness of the dough).
- Start kneading the dough while adding the appropriate amount of milk to adjust the softness of the dough.
- Knead until the dough is soft and not sticky to the bowl and hands.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 20 minutes.
- Place the dough on your work surface and put in softened unsalted butter and start kneading the dough using the method of pulling and kneading to mix the butter and the dough evenly.
- Knead for 10 to 15 minutes until the surface of the dough is smooth and then the dough is elastic, when stretched, it doesn’t break easily.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a plastic wrap and let the dough proof for about 2 hours or until it doubles in size. (Depends on the temperature of your environment)
- Once proofed, transfer the dough onto your work surface and punch the dough to get rid of excess air then divide the dough into 16 portions.
- Round each portion and line them in a baking tray lined with parchment paper then cover and let them proof for one and a half hours or until they double in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350F/ 180C for 25 minutes.
- Remove them from the baking pan once baked and let them cool on a wire rack.
- Melt some white chocolate then use a piping bag to squeeze the melted chocolate to decorate the buns. Take a bite and enjoy your soft and fluffy chocolate buns.