These simple homemade crepes are delicious, thin, and delicate with buttery crisp edges. They make for a quick and delightful breakfast or brunch treat but can really be enjoyed at any time of the day.
You can have pretty much any toppings of your liking with these crepes like fruit, maple syrup, Nutella, gruyere cheese, mushroom gravy, etc.
Making these crepes is quite quick and easy. Be sure to let the batter rest for at least 20 minutes at room temperature or even up to an hour in the fridge. This allows the flour to absorb the liquid and gives the gluten a chance to relax so your crepes come out tender instead of chewy.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- Fresh fruit, for serving
- Powdered sugar, for serving
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt until combined.
- Then create a well in the flour mixture and add the eggs.
- Gradually pour in the milk, whisking to combine after each addition. Allow the batter to sit at room temperature for about 20 minutes until slightly bubbly on top.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Scoop out about ¼ cup of the batter and drop evenly onto the pan, swirling it to evenly coat.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip and cook 1 minute more.
- Repeat with remaining batter until finished.
- Serve crêpes warm with fresh fruit and powdered sugar.