This delicious Roasted Chickpea and Avocado Salad glossed with a simple refreshing lemon and extra virgin olive oil dressing is certainly one salad that is irresistible.
It is vegetarian, gluten free and goes perfectly with potluck gatherings and is a good fit for days you want to skip out on the meaty dishes. It takes just a few minutes to put together but tastes amazing!
- 850 g chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 150 g mixed greens
- 300g cherry tomato, halved
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpeas, paprika, garlic salt and olive oil,.
- Then spread the chickpeas onto a baking sheet in one layer and bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 30 minutes, until the chickpeas are crisp.
- Add the diced cucumber into to a large bowl, toss in the mixed greens, cucumber, tomatoes, avocado, roasted chickpeas, extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper, and mix gently until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy!