February is here, and love is in the air as Valentines day is steadily approaching. Now what better way to show your significant other you love them than through delicious treats?
These colorful truffles filled with red velvet cake may just be your dessert of choice to sweep your loved ones off their feet.
Now, red velvet is known for its sweet flavor and how soft and delicate the cake is in general. But do you know that red velvet is simply chocolate and red food coloring!
The main difference between red velvet cake and chocolate cake is that most chocolate cakes use real chocolate, while red velvet often uses more cacao powder to flavor it.
Red velvet is made with cocoa powder, vinegar and buttermilk. The chemical reaction between these ingredients help give the cake it’s color that is often enhanced by food coloring.
The cream cheese also adds to the overall delicateness of flavors in the cake beautifully, as it brings in a tangy flavor while adding more creaminess to it.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, prepared according to instructions
- 455 g white chocolate chips
- 225 g cream cheese, softened
- topping of your choice
- Start with preparing the red velvet cake according to the instructions written on the box.
- Then in a mixing bowl, crumble the red velvet cake.
- Add in the cream cheese and mix until smooth.
- Roll into small-sized balls, and chill.
- Then melt the white chocolate.
- Roll the balls in the chocolate to coat evenly and set aside.
- Decorate with any toppings of your preference and allow the chocolate to harden.
- Serve and enjoy.