Requiring just 4 simple ingredients, this healthy and delicious vegan pumpkin mousse is so easy to make. To prepare it, you need coconut cream, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice. If you cant get pumpkin spice, you can use 1 tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp ground ginger and ¼ tsp ground nutmeg.
To make this recipe low-carb and sugar-free you can replace the maple syrup with stevia or monk fruit as a sweetener.
Either way, this fluffy and creamy vegan pumpkin mousse makes for a healthy dessert or snack.
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- To obtain coconut cream needed for the recipe, place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. When you’re ready to start preparing the pumpkin mousse, open the can of coconut milk and scoop the thickened coconut cream off the top and into a mixing bowl and leave the watery part behind. A can of full-fat coconut milk should produce 1/2 cup of coconut cream.
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and maple syrup into the mixing bowl and mix until very smooth.
- Divide the mousse into serving dishes and place in the fridge for a few hours to firm.
- You can serve on its own or top with coconut whipped cream or dairy-free vanilla yogurt and crumbled dates and pecans.