This peach cobbler loaf is so soft and tender, it will certainly be a hit with your loved ones. It comprises of a soft vanilla cake that has pieces of fresh peach inside it. The cake is then topped with a sweet, brown sugar crumble topping and a drizzle of icing.
This Peach Cobbler Loaf Cake makes for a delightful dessert just as well as it would make the perfect accompaniment to your tea or coffee for breakfast.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup low-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup diced fresh peach
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Then pour in melted butter, stir to combine and set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt then set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, sour cream, buttermilk, and sugar until well combined. Then whisk in the eggs and vanilla extract until well-combined.
- Whisk in the dry ingredients until combined and fold in the diced peach.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and top with the crumb mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (If topping begins to get too brown, tent with aluminum foil.)
- Allow the loaf to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. You can add in additional milk as required to get thick but pourable consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the top of the cooled bread and allow to set before slicing.
- Serve and enjoy.