Aren’t these mini pineapple upside down cakes the most gorgeous desserts you’ve seen! The best part, they taste just as great as they look. They have an enticing tropical smell from the pineapple and cherry and come out really soft and moist.
Making this delicious treat is so quick and easy but it’s incredible and yummy enough that you could totally serve it to guests and leave them thoroughly impressed.
However, note that you need to have jumbo muffin tins to make them as regular muffin tins are too small, so the pineapple slices will not quite fit in the bottoms.
The butter and brown sugar mix makes a beautiful glaze that makes the tops of these cakes even tastier!
- 2 cans pineapple slices
- maraschino cherries, cut in half
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- Open the cans of pineapple and save the juice.
- In a bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Spray the muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, then add a spoonful of the butter/sugar mixture to the bottom of each muffin cup and even it out.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package directions, instead of using water, use the juice from the canned pineapple.
- Add a pineapple slice to the bottom of each muffin cup, make sure the pineapples are well drained. Then place half a cherry in the middle of each pineapple slice with the cut side facing up.
- Add about 1/3 cup of the cake batter into each muffin cup.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Pull them out of the oven and let
- Allow them to sit and cool for 5 minutes in the baking tins, then place a cookie sheet on top of the muffin pan and flip them over so the mini cakes come out onto the cookie sheet.
- Serve and enjoy!