This Lemon Zucchini Cake is a treat all your loved ones will appreciate. It is moist and absolutely delicious.
This yummy cake is then topped with a lemon glaze that adds a mouth-watering kick to an already delightful dessert.
Any leftovers should be stored in an air-tight container. This cake will last 3-4 days at room temperature or can be frozen but without the lemon glaze.
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup shredded zucchini drained and squeezed dry
- 1/3 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla or almond extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
For the lemon glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease or spray a 9 x 5 loaf pan with baking spray and line with parchment paper, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well combined, then set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the sugar and olive oil until well combined.
- Add in the eggs and almond milk and whisk together.
- Then add in the lemon juice and vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Using a spatula, gently fold in the zucchini and lemon zest.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 45 to 55 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean with only moist crumbs. Also the top of the cake should look dry.
- Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before transferring the cake to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cake.
- Serve and Enjoy.