This delicious gluten-free banana bread is so quick and very easy to make. It is very nutritious, contains fiber, potassium, vitamins C, B1,B2,B6 and antioxidants, such as dopamine and catechin.
Please note that the best bananas to use in this banana bread recipe are those that are very ripe and slightly mushy with browned skins.
- 2 cups gluten-free rice flour
- 1 cup and a half of ripe banana puree (3 mediums)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ¼ cup of plain yogurt whey
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180 ° C (356°F)
- Grease only the bottom of your loaf pan, preferably rectangular.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the sugar and butter with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Add in the eggs and beat well.
- Mix the bananas, plain yogurt and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt until moist.
- Mix the nuts and pour into the greased pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit in the baking pan for about 5 minutes then release the sides of the loaf pan.
- Let the bread cool off completely, for about two hours, before cutting.
- Serve and enjoy.