This cake is so fluffy, light and moist with a sweet vanilla scent. Made with scalded milk, this delicious, old-fashioned hot milk cake is soft, sweet, and absolutely easy to make.
This hot milk cake is made by beating eggs until thick and foamy, mixing in the dry ingredients and then finishing with warmed milk, which gives the batter a bit of a head start on cooking.
Hot Milk Cake makes an ideal birthday cake as it is a good cake base that can be dressed and decorated, or garnished in a million different ways.
Be sure to have your eggs at room temperature before you start preparing your cake, so that they whip up nicely and provide a delicate airiness to the crumb of your hot milk cake
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Grease and flour a baking tine or line with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and baking powder, then set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored.
- Gradually add in the sugar, beating until the mixture is light and fluffy. Then add in the vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Gradually add the flour/baking powder mixture to the batter beating on low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat the milk and butter just until the butter is melted. Then slowly add to batter and beat just until combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking tin and bake for about 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy.