This hot chocolate cake is made with hot chocolate which ensures the cake is super moist and has a rich chocolate flavor.
It’s a quick and easy cake to put together that only takes a couple of minutes to prepare. Be sure the eggs and buttermilk are at room temperature before you start preparation so that the melted butter doesn’t clump up.
You can use any flavor of frosting that you like with this cake, but I highly recommend this Chocolate Buttercream Frosting.
- 1 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup hot chocolate
- ½ cup butter, melted
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans then set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder and hot chocolate and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter, buttermilk, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Then add in the cocoa/hot chocolate mixture and mix to combine.
- Whisk in the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt just until combined.
- Divide batter evenly into the prepared baking pans.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pans for about 10 minutes before transferring the cakes from the baking pans to a wire rack to cool completely.
- The cake is now ready to frost and assemble: Level the tops of each cake with a knife. Place one of the cakes on a cake stand, top with a layer of Chocolate Buttercream Frosting and smooth it out into one even layer. Place the second layer on top, then use the remaining Chocolate Buttercream Frosting to frost the top and sides of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy.
LenaJune 14, 2021 at 10:01 pm
Would like recipes
gloria bonaJune 14, 2021 at 10:03 pm
so yummy and i want to learn more feom your recipe about baking thanks so much i enjoy watchjng and learning this