This simple eggless banana bread is one of the most delicious and moist banana bread I have ever prepared. Preparing the bread is very simple and quick even for a baking amateur.
When making banana bread, please note that the best bananas to be used are those that are over-ripe. With the peels looking half browned and the inside feels squashy.
You can make your banana bread ahead of the week and put it in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup (2.5 ounces) granulated sugar
- 1 cup ripe, mashed bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 1 3/4 cup (8.3 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans — chopped
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350, and lightly spray a 9x5x3″ loaf pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with an electric mixer on high.
- Mix for about 30 seconds, and then start streaming in the sugar slowly while mixing.
- Next, add the honey and beat until combined.
- Add the applesauce and beat until combined.
- Next, add the mashed bananas, and stir just until blended with a spatula.
- Sprinkle the flour, baking soda, and pecans on top. Fold everything together using a spatula.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf pan (the batter is very thick).
- Bake on the middle rack on the oven for about 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted halfway into the loaf, comes out clean with only moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack before slicing.
- Store leftover slices in the fridge after 24 hours. Toast to reheat.