This recipe yields tender and perfectly moist muffins that need no extra additions but can be customized to suit your taste.
You can serve as a delicious breakfast, dessert or as the perfect accompaniment to your cup of coffee/tea. These muffins will also be a hit at brunch, bake sales or snack time.
The recipe makes a dozen but can be easily doubled or halved as needed.
- 150g (1-1/5 cup) Self-raising flour
- 150g (2/3 cup) Caster Sugar
- 150g (2/3 Cup) Unsalted Butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line a cupcake pan with liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the butter and sugar and beat together for about a minute.
- Add in the eggs one after the other and mix after each addition. Then mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl sift together the flour and baking powder and mix well.
- Add in the flour mixture to the wet mixture in batches while mixing until the batter is well-formed and no lumps are visible then add in the milk and mix until well combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups to about a third full, place in the oven and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Take them out of the oven and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool off completely.
- Serve and enjoy. (You can top these muffins with glaze, icing, buttercream, chocolate ganache, or anything you like)