Requiring just six simple ingredients, this homemade peanut butter fudge recipe is so quick and easy to make.
This fudge stores pretty well, you can keep in an airtight container and layer with parchment paper for up to 1 week at room temperature and in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. It can also be frozen for up to 2 months.
It makes for a great party treat, a valentine’s day treat and is awesome for giving away as holiday gifts.
- 3/4 cup (270 g) creamy peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 2 1/4 cups (473 g) light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (113 g) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) whole milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Start with lining an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the confectioners’ sugar and set it aside.
- In a saucepan, add in the butter, milk, brown sugar, and vanilla and stir over low heat until the butter is melted and the sugar is dissolved. Then turn the heat up to medium and stir occasionally until the mixture begins to boil.
- Allow the mixture to boil while stirring for about 3 minutes then turn the burner off and add the peanut butter. Stir until completely smooth.
- Pour the hot peanut butter mixture over the confectioners’ sugar. Using a whisk or handheld electric mixer, beat for 3-4 minutes until well combined and the fudge is beginning to cool and starts to set around the edges.
- Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and let sit at room temperature for about 2 hours, until set.
- Remove the fudge from the pan and slice into 1-inch squares.
- Serve and enjoy.