This orange cake is so easy to make and comes out soft, very moist and bursting with fresh orange flavor.
For the best texture, allow the cake to cool completely or even up to a day at room temperature before eating. The citrusy orange flavor becomes stronger over time, guaranteeing a treat to your taste buds.
You can store the cake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or freeze for up to 2 months.
- 2 ½ cups (350g) all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) canola or vegetable oil
- 1 ¼ cups (300 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange zest from 3/4 oranges
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 tspn pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 10-inch Bundt pan or two standard loaf pans and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a mixer bowl fitted with whisk attachment, whisk together the eggs and sugar on high speed for about 5 minutes until pale and fluffy.
- On low speed and with the mixer running, add the oil slowly until combined.
- Add orange juice, zest, and vanilla extract and keep whisking slowly until combined.
- Then add the flour/baking powder mixture and whisk just until just combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour batter into prepared the pan/pans and bake for 55-60 minutes for the bundt pan or 45-50 minutes for the loaf pan or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. (If the top is browning quickly while baking, cover loosely with aluminum foil)
- Allow cake/cakes to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Serve and enjoy.
Stephen McGillJune 10, 2020 at 6:22 am
Want to learn how to make cakes
Yosita GopieJuly 27, 2020 at 11:39 am
DuduzileAugust 2, 2020 at 6:07 am
Yes l would like to know how to make cakes