This creamy cauliflower wild rice soup is so delicious, nutritious and full of amazing flavors. It’s made with cauliflower, carrots, wild rice and nutritional yeast making it vegan and gluten-free.
This soup is high in protein and fibre, easy to make and only takes a short time to put together. It also comes in handy as a really convenient comfort food.
- 4 cups or 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 2 cups peeled and diced carrots
- 1 ½ cups cooked wild rice
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Cook the wild rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a soup pot, add in the onion, garlic and celery with 2 tablespoons of water and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes while stirring until they start to soften. If the pot starts to dry out at, add another tablespoon of water.
- Add in the thyme and oregano, then stir to combine and cook for another 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the cauliflower, carrot and all of the vegetable broth and simmer over medium heat for about 20 minutes, until the carrots and cauliflower are tender.
- Stir in the nutritional yeast.
- Scoop half of the soup into a blender and blend on low for a few seconds then increase to high and blend until smooth and creamy. Then pour it back into the soup pot with the rest of the soup.
- Add in the cooked wild rice and season with the salt and pepper and the lemon juice.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.