Cotton biscuit cake is super soft and fluffy and tastes amazing. The cake is easy to make and made with simple ingredients. In a small bowl, add 90ml of milk and 90g of butter then melt in the microwave for 1-2minutes. Once melted, stir gently to combine then set aside.
In a large bowl, separate 5 egg whites from yolks and place the yolks into the bowl then add one egg. Whisk the egg yolks to break them, add milk and butter mixture slowly while whisking until the mixture is smooth. Add a pinch of salt and stir for 1 minute then sift in 90g of flour and mix well until the mixture is smooth then set aside.
In a stand mixer bowl, add the egg whites and mix until foamy then add 90g of sugar in three additions and mix well for 1 minute after each addition. Beat the egg whites until they reach soft peaks. Remember not to overbeat the meringue. Add the beaten egg whites into the batter in three additions. Fold the meringue in the cake batter slowly until smooth. Line the bottom and sides of a cake mold with parchment paper, if you have a split from then wrap it with foil in 2 to 3 layers so that no water gets in.
Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and run a skewer or a knife in the batter to get rid of any excess air trapped in the batter. Place the cake pan in a bigger rectangle baking sheet and pour boiling water (80 C) into the baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 302 degrees Fahrenheit (150c) for about 60 minutes.
Once the cake is baked and out of the oven, remove the cake from the mold immediately and place it on a wire rack to cool down for about 10 minutes. Slice the cake and serve. Bon Appetit.
- 90 Grams (5.7Oz) flour
- 90 Grams (6.4Oz) sugar
- 90 Grams (3.2Oz) butter
- 90 ml milk
- 5 yolks
- 5 whites
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- boiling water 80 С
- Pour milk into a small bowl, add butter and melt in the microwave and stir.
- Transfer the yolks (5 pieces) and the egg (1 piece) to a large bowl.
- While stirring the yolks and egg, add the milk and butter mixture in a small stream. Stir until smooth then add a pinch of salt and stir.
- Add sifted flour and mix thoroughly until smooth then whisk the egg whites in a mixer then add sugar (90 g) in three portions.
- Beat the whites until soft peaks then add the beaten egg whites to the dough in three equal portions and stir until smooth.
- Line the bottom and sides of the mold with parchment then place the dish in a deep baking sheet and pour hot water in the baking sheet.
- Bake the sponge cake in a preheated oven at 150 ° C for about 60 minutes.