Coca-Cola Jello Salad is a tasty fruity treat that is made by combining chopped tart cherries, crushed pineapple and a cupful of Coca-Cola.
This jello salad requires only six ingredients and is really easy to make. Just be sure to allow yourself enough time for the jello salad to set, at for four hours to overnight.
Be sure to use canned pineapple as fresh pineapple has enzymes that cause gelatin not to set up properly.
Lightly spray a little cooking spray inside your jello mold to help the jello release more easily when it’s done setting. The cooking spray also prevents the surface of the salad from drying out and forming a tough skin. Don’t worry, this will not make your salad greasy at all.
This Coca-Cola Jello Salad pairs well as a side dish or a light dessert.
- 1 cup coca cola
- 1 (21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 (3-ounce) packages cherry gelatin powder (or strawberry, raspberry or black cherry)
- 1 (20-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- In a medium saucepan, add in the cherry pie filling, sugar, and water and bring to a boil jfor about two minutes, or just long enough to dissolve the sugar.
- Stir in both packages of gelatin powder until dissolved.
- Allow to cool for at least 45 minutes in the fridge.
- After 45 minutes, when the jello is cool but has not begun to set yet, pour in the coca-cola and crushed pineapple, and stir to combine well.
- Then pour the jello into a jello mold or a serving dish and cover with plastic wrap then chill in the fridge until completely set, at least 4 hours before unmoulding.
- Serve and enjoy.