This classic Italian delicacy is a favorite in many households. It’s not just easy to put together, but also worth every effort you put into it and is the ultimate comfort food.
Lasagna is a great dish to make for a crowd and easy to adjust for varying tastes. The leftovers taste even better when reheated the next day, given they are well stored.
With layers of delicious beef in marinara sauce, tasty noodles and lots of cheesy goodness, this is bound to be a hit with all your loved ones!
- 15 lasagna noodles, cooked follow package instructions
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained of fat
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- Non-stick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef and the marinara sauce.
- In another large bowl, combine the ricotta, Parmesan, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, and olive oil.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish lightly with nonstick spray.
- Spread 1 cup of the meat sauce over the bottom of the prepared baking dish and lay 5 cooked lasagna noodles on top, overlapping as needed to completely cover the sauce.
- Then spread 2 cups of the ricotta mixture over the noodles and top with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining meat sauce, noodles, ricotta, and mozzarella to make 2 more layers.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake the lasagna at 180ºC for 25–30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the sauce is bubbling up through the layers.
- Turn the broiler to high and broil for about 2 minutes until the top layer of cheese is bubbly and golden brown.
- Let the lasagna cool for about half an hour, then serve and Enjoy!