This delicious Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is a moist and flavorful banana bread filled with a generous serving of chocolate chips to make sure you have chocolate in every bite.
In my house, you can have banana bread for breakfast, as a snack or dessert, during lunch, just literally anytime, so the loaves don’t really last long after baking. For the best results, make sure to use very ripe, brown and spotty bananas.
I like to use a combination of granulated sugar and brown sugar as the brown sugar gives the bread a little more moisture and flavor.
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour/ Plain Flour (250g)
- 3 Brown Bananas, very ripe (12oz)
- 1/3 cup Granulated Sugar (66g)
- ½ Cup Greek yogurt or Sour Cream (5oz)
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, melted (4oz)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (170g)
- ½ cup Light Brown Sugar (100g)
- 1 Tspn Baking Soda
- 2 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Tspn Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ Tspn Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Grease a 9X5 loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar and mix till well combined.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until just combined. (Be sure the eggs are at room temperature, so they can combine with the rest of the ingredients well)
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Gently fold in your dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until just combined. Be keen not to over-mix as this will create a tougher texture
- Then gently fold in the bananas, Greek yogurt, and chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow the banana bread to cool in the pan on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes before inverting it onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.