This Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal is so simple and quick to prepare and makes for a quick, healthy and hearty breakfast! It’s also perfect for brunch, or make it ahead for the week for easy meal prep.
The best part about this healthy baked oatmeal recipe is that it’s sweetened naturally with bananas and honey. You can also make it gluten-free by using gluten-free oats or dairy-free by using any milk you are tolerant with.
Be sure to keep the blueberries frozen until you add them so they don’t bleed purple color throughout the oatmeal. Also, adding the blueberries at the very end helps as well.
- 2 ¼ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup ripe mashed bananas (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the old-fashioned rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, milk, egg, honey and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared baking pan and smooth it out into one even layer.
- Place in the oven and bake at 350°F for about 30-40 minutes or until the top is set and lightly golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.