This amazing baked oats recipe that went viral on TikTok will make you feel like you’re eating a cake for breakfast without actually eating a cake.
This is one of those protein packed dishes that will help you lose fat and also lose build muscle. It is best served for breakfast because it’s full of fiber and is satisfying particularly if you add protein powder like I do sometimes.
It will take you five minutes to prepare and another 25 minutes in the oven. Baked oats reheat well if you have leftovers or you want to make them ahead for busy weekday’s mornings.
See other trending recipe: Super Moist Zucchini Bread
In terms of further modification, you can use zest or citrus, pumpkin, sweet potato or grate in some apples — This will add a natural sweetness and creaminess to the finished dish.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2/3 cup of milk (Any type of milk)
- 3 tbsp Nut butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- optional: 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- ½ cup optional mix-ins eg. berries, lemon zest, chocolate chips, etc
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F and grease a small casserole dish, 9×5 bread loaf pan or 8×8 inch brownie pan (You want to slightly alter the baking time depending on your size).
- Add all ingredients to a blender MINUS your mix ins. Blend until creamy. Make sure little to no chunks of the oats remains. Mix in berries or anything else you may want to add.
- Pour batter into the greased baking dish and top with mix-ins as desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes — My baked oat was ready at 25minutes. Or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Enjoy your dish!