Do you like quick, easy and healthy dinner recipes that you can make in no time? I know I do! If yes, then this Asparagus Stuffed Chicken should be your next meal.
This delicious treat is made of tasty stuffed chicken breasts filled with asparagus and cheesy goodness!
It only takes about 30 minutes to make and is so incredibly good! While its quick and simple enough to prepare even on the busiest of week nights, it’s also elegant and unforgettable enough for those special occasions.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 9 asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cut the chicken breasts in half, lengthwise, leaving it intact on one side.
- Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper and sprinkle the lemon zest on the inside of the chicken.
- Add in a piece of provolone and three stalks of asparagus, then fold the chicken over enclosing the filling.
- Then season the outside of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Using a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, add in the olive oil and then add in the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
- Flip the chicken over and cook the other side for an additional 5 minutes.
- Then cover the skillet with aluminum foil and place in a preheated oven and cook at 220˚C for 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 70˚C.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and allow to sit while still covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove the foil, then serve and enjoy!