This peanut buttercup recipe is super quick, easy, and only requires three simple ingredients.
These homemade peanut butter cups are a delicious, healthier alternative to store-bought treats and have just the right balance between sweet and salty.
With sweet chocolate layers sandwiching a salty peanut butter filling, this vegan, gluten-free makes for a quick dessert fix or a light snack. These peanut butter cups last about a week in the fridge. For longer storage, store the cups in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (120 g)
- 1 cup chocolate (170 g), melted
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- Line a muffin tin with 6 paper liners or silicone liners.
- Add the peanut butter and powdered sugar into a bowl and stir together until smooth.
- Using a spoon pour enough chocolate, about 1 to 2 tablespoons, into the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Then dollop 1 to 2 teaspoons of the peanut butter mixture on top of the chocolate.
- Then cover each dollop of peanut butter with more chocolate, enough to completely cover the peanut butter layer and smooth out the top.
- Refrigerate for about an hour or until the chocolate has hardened.
- Remove peanut butter cups from the liners.
- Serve and enjoy.